it leads to a lot of humor for us "outsiders" on the inside.
Apparently someone flytipped a 12 foot tall mechanical gorilla in Cambridgeshire.
I'll let you read that sentence a few times.
To answer your questions:
1. "Flytipping" is disposing of rubbish on the side of the road, or in any other non-skip/tip areas.
2. "Rubbish" is garbage/trash/waste- of the (preferably) non-biological variety.
3. "Skip", "tip", "the tip" all refer to dumpsters or waste facilities/landfills.
4. I don't know where they got a 12 foot tall mechanical gorilla either.
5. Yes, I'm quite curious to know what its mechanics make it do, too.
6. No, I can't take a personal picture of it for you, as Cambridgeshire is about 4 hours from here and the authorities have removed it anyway.
I found this article through a link posted on The Bloggess's Facebook page.
If you don't already read The Bloggess, go there now-
but first, go pee, 'cause I don't want you to wet your pants from laughter.