Yesterday, doing my nightly catch-up with my favorite blog buddies,
I (of course!) clicked on Mo from New on U-
I love to hear her updates on her wedding planning,
her hilarious tales of her two pooches, Mugsly and Bowser,
and I get serious city-envy from her posts about living in D.C.- one of my favorite cities.
Imagine my big grin of surprise when I saw that Mo awarded me with the Liebster Blog Award!!
Here are the guidelines:
1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs to pass the award to- they must have less than 200 followers.
2. Give thanks to the blogger who awarded you a Liebster Blog by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. List the bloggers you're awarding, with links to their sites. Leave a comment on their blogs letting them know they've received the award.
5. List five random facts about yourself.
After going through the blogs I read and discovering several gems that are vastly under-followed,
I've narrowed it down to these five ladies:
Nicole @ I Don't Claim to Know Much
Fran @ Being Fran(k)
Susan @ 2 Cats and Chloe
Emily @ Hope Squared
Erica @ Pocket Full of Chuckles
5 Random Facts About Me:
1. I've always been fairly indifferent to birds- I enjoy them in the wild, but I usually skip the aviaries in zoos and I'm not a fan of pet birds. That said, I've found myself attracted to bird-related art and decor on many occasions. In fact, the first two pieces of art we ever purchased are two large images of birds (the first and third pieces from the top of the column on the left), and I absolutely love them.
2. Despite having at least one camera attached to my hand for the past 13 years and spending years studying my passion, photography, I've always wished I could draw and paint as well. There's something so precious and subjective about a hand-created rendition of a moment, and the expressive, one-of-a-kind movements in the brushstrokes and colors chosen are just as enchanting as the image to me.
3. I collect quotes, and carried a spiral notebook around in school to both read them and add any I stumbled across.
4. I've been dyeing my hair red since I was thirteen, and I don't hide that fact- but I often have people argue that it's natural, which seems backwards to me!
5. I love electronic gadget noises- the sound a Mac makes when it turns on, Wii "thinking" noises, and especially Tivo noises- after our tv service in the U.S. switched to its own DVR I would actually say "bood-oop bood-oop" when I selected a show.